Welcome to our tournament page!
THE Ashover Summer Football Tournament 2018 will take place on the weekend of Friday 8-Sunday 10 June.
This year we attracted a massive 84 teams for a fantastic weekend, only slightly disrupted by the weather! We hope to get a bit luckier with the weather in 2018, and have another great tourney with some new additions like SMS updates throughout the tournament to help managers know where they need to be next.
We haven't set definite timings yet but the initial plan is that it will look something like this (based on current year groups)
- Friday 8 June - 4.30pm - Under 9s
- Friday 8 June - 6.30pm - Under 14s
- Saturday 9 June - 9.00am - Under 12s
- Saturday 9 June - 12 noon - Under 10s
- Saturday 9 June - 3.00pm - Under 8s
- Sunday 10 June - 9.00am - Under 13s
- Sunday 10 June - 12 noon - Under 11s
- Sunday 10 June - 3.00pm - Under 7s
- FA tournament rules will apply in terms of player eligibility and other areas not covered by tournament-specific rules and FAQs (below)
- Under 7s and Under 8s shall be five-a-side. All other categories will be six-a-side, with a maximum squad size of eight (see below FAQs for more on this)
- All matches will be 10 minutes, one-way only.
- Points in group matches will be awarded as follows: three points for a win, one point for a draw
- Tied knockout matches will be determined by 5 minutes golden goal, followed by penalties if necessary. Penalties will be three each followed by sudden death. Only players on the pitch at the final whistle can be involved in the penalty shoot out
- Where teams are equal on points, goal difference and goals scored following the group stage, their place will initially depend on how they did against each other. If they are still tied, coaches will draw lots.
- Players can only compete for one team in an age group.
- The organisers will not ask for proof of players' age as we trust teams to play by the rules. However we strongly recommend that managers bring proof of age with them in order that they can defend themselves if challenged. Current league ID cards showing that the player is registered in that age group will suffice. If these are not available then it is recommended that managers bring alternative ID to protect themselves.
- The decision of the organisers shall be final
- Ashover Juniors Football Club is firmly committed to the FA Respect Campaign and expects all players, coaches and spectators to abide by those principles. Those failing to do so could be subject to disqualification.
Frequently Asked Questions
What time will we need to arrive?
We'll confirm for each age group nearer the time, but please allow 30 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure the team is registered and all your players have arrived.
I've got a ninth player in my squad - can I bring him/her?
We don't want anyone to be excluded, so if managers choose to bring more than eight players then that is OK - but please note that there will only be eight player trophies for the winning team in each category, and a maximum of eight players can be involved in any individual game so in such circumstances you will need to rest players.
Is there a category for current Under 6s?
No - but we are prepared to accept underage entries within the limits set out by the FA. However, please be sure that every player is aged at least six. Under FA rules, no player should be involved in any form of arranged match until they have reached the age of six.
Can we bring dogs?
Dogs are welcome, but please ensure they remain on a lead at all times and clean up after them.